My training is in a constant state of evolution, and a life long journey in the pursuit of (even though I will never achieve it) excellence. I see training as adding additional skills, or a refinement of those skills, and or gear. I'm not a "true believer" of anyone's particular camp or methodology. I firmly do not believe in "The Way" approach to training, which a lot of shooting academies and trainers, appear to be doing. It's probably why I gravitate towards real world military trainers. I try to stick with the practical, and build on efficiency, as it applies to me. My goal is to hopefully, develop a good set of tools in the "toolbox" to fall back on, if the situation ever arises. My carbine skills are pretty decent and I've had quite a few pistol classes over the years, but have inadvertently subordinated my pistol skills, to my carbine training. I need to balance out my overall training and include more pistol training with different instructors so I'm not trapped in one particular school of thought. I currently try to balance out a range session, with both carbine and pistol shooting. I also need to get back into martial arts and include some combat first aid training. Unarmed combat is a skill we very seldom address or practice. I'm not really into fads per se, but if a practical/efficient technique surfaces during training or someone who I may come across during range play, or a piece of kit that is more efficient than what I'm currently using, then I am all for it.