Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Red dot position - forward or back?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    forward on the receiver gives you decent objective size without killing perhipheral vision.. mineses sit on risers above the barrel extension.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Of course I should have searched. Thank you, sir.

Jay

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4Fundi View Post
    Failure2Stop Thats great info!
    I don't understand how "The amount of body material around the lens of the Aimpoints blocks vision and distorts perception to a degree, and is more prevalent the FURTHER from the eye the optic is." It would seem to me the CLOSER to the eye would geometrically block more angle of view.
    Try this out-
    Make a "ok" sign with your right hand, with the "hole" in your index finger just slightly smaller than a dime. Hold the hole about 1 inch away from your dominant eye.

The other eye fills in the image blocked by the bulk of the finger, making the finger appear transparent.

Now move your hand a foot away from your eye and look through the hole. While the other eye still makes up for the blocked image, the finger seems to be more opaque.

Moving the optic further away also makes it a bit harder to find the dot due to the reduction in angle of acceptable eye placement.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12