Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone contacted CMMG?

Feedback Score
    The 12/17 e-mail was a response to a "don't mean to bug you" e-mail. Actual order was mid-November like yours. Perhaps I should give it another try.

bootfoot
    Not hardly.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Anything you get from CMMG lately warrants close inspection. I've seen two guns come from them since the first of this year, and both were improperly assembled and missing parts.

Having said that, there's nothing wrong with their parts...only with whoever they've got checking what goes out the door.

Feedback Score
    I ordered my upper the week after the election. It took about 7 weeks.
    ••••••••••••••••••••
    "We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I ordered a 16" lightweight mid-length upper Nov 7 and still haven't gotten any word.

When I placed the order, I think the site said something like orders were going out 4-6 weeks after being placed. A week or two after my order that number jumped and then not too long after that they weren't putting an estimate on the site at all.

I inquired in late December and was told the following

At this time, I am unable to give you a shipment date.
    But I will send you an email when your credit card is ran
    and your item is going into production. Thanks for your
    patience

Quote Originally Posted by beaker View Post
    Well, I ordered in mid November, so if your timeframe is the same as mine, you have another month.

I don't know if it made any difference, but I did send them a "Not bugging you and asking for a ship date, just making sure you still had my order" e-mail two days before I got my notification. Just sayin'.
    Hm, maybe I should try that

Quote Originally Posted by jsebens View Post
    Anything you get from CMMG lately warrants close inspection. I've seen two guns come from them since the first of this year, and both were improperly assembled and missing parts.
    I was worried about that given their volumes... QC can take a hit when volumes increase like this
    What parts were missing and/or improperly assembled?
    Last edited by Byron; 02-22-09 at 13:00.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Forward assist assembly missing roll pin. "Complete Barrel Assembly" missing gas tube, roll pin, taper pins not fully installed (not more than 1/4 installed), flash hider pinned but not welded.

One that came to a friend was supposed to have a DD rail on it, and they sent it with a MI rail instead. Big pain in the ass to change it out.

There's nothing wrong with their PARTS, but I'll never buy from them again.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ugh, I wonder if I should just cancel the order.

Where can a guy find a lightweight mid-length upper these days?

Edited... actually I'd really settle for any quality mid-length upper at this point. The lightweight profile isn't a necessity.
    Last edited by Byron; 02-22-09 at 21:02.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Try GDS Enterprises, out of Texas. They're good folks, and had some good barrels last time I called them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12