Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Anyone still .40 S&W?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I'm most certainly enjoying the old 40 cal round again.

Got some Chrono data from PMC Bronze 165 and 180 grain ammo. 1010 fps and 957 fps respectively. Not bad.

The Police gun runs great, but the trigger is far from smoothed out. I was getting high and left POI regularly. I A/B'd it against my old G22 and that gun shot POA/POI for me.

Here's the beast in the old Iraqgunz modded Safariland holster.

"What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I know the common answer is to “shoot a couple thousand rounds and the trigger will be great…”

Maybe…but I’ve been very happy with the Glock Performance Trigger for under $100…seriously good upgrade…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Post 110,
    That "Gen2" appears to be a Gen3, not a Gen2.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    I didn't think a Tennifer G3 G22 could rust until I examined some Police issued ones...
    Okay, full disclosure, I like and respect cops…most I know are good people. I know lots of folks here are LEO and my genuine thanks for what y’all do. But many of them (this board not withstanding) are not really gun people…that factoid kinda amazed me.

I’d buy a Glock LEO trade in without reservations because I know that Glock would warranty them, not because I know how well cops take care of them…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by L-2 View Post
    Post 110,
    That "Gen2" appears to be a Gen3, not a Gen2.
    You could be right. I think the lack of any issues with the gun and how long I've had it, I may have assumed it to be a 2.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    You could be right. I think the lack of any issues with the gun and how long I've had it, I may have assumed it to be a 2.
    Gen 2 don’t have the light rail or finger grooves. Gen 3s we’re solid performers

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Gen 2 don’t have the light rail or finger grooves. Gen 3s we’re solid performers
    I had a Gen 3 G17 that would hit me in the left side of my head with empties. It also malfed from time to time. I sold that sucker. I don't think this 40 has ever malfed.

Feedback Score
    When a Glock is throwing hot brass at you it's due to it letting go of the brass before it's fully extracted.

Then it's not properly ejected by the ejector, it just free to be blown out or hit the round beneath it or hit by the slide or whatever randomly.

If the gun doesn't malfunction it's just luck and it will eventually, even if it's a case that pops straight up and drops right back into the action while it's open. Happened to me multiple times, multiple Glocks.

The only pistols I've seen with such a problem are my Beretta pocket pistols. And it's not a malfunction, they simply have no extractor. They run fine. I don't mind getting hit with .22 & .25 cases as much...tiny ya know.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Anyone still .40 S&W?

I have never had any of the Glocks or Sigs malfunction. They are 9mm and 45acp. Brass to the face, yes, a few times.
    I had 40s long time ago but don’t remember if I had any issues with them or not.
    Last edited by 202; 05-21-24 at 15:09.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 202 View Post
    I have never had any of the Glocks or Sigs malfunction. They are 9mm and 45acp. Brass to the face, yes, a few times.
    I had 40s long time ago but don’t remember if I had any issues with them or not.
    I could live with the occasional brass to head situation. But less than 100 percent reliability was not acceptable. The who bought it from me even mentioned a malf he had at the range. I remember all the prayer fixes that were floating around the forum. Different extractors and combinations of this and that. I was so annoyed the Glock screwed up a perfectly designed pistol.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast