If anyone else is running the M&P 10mm for bear defense I wanted to give you a heads up on the Steinel 220 hard cast loads. The truncated cone shape is much better than the Underwood’s fatter flat point in my opinion. It doesn’t even come close to actuating the mag release internally. Even though I haven’t had that issue myself I think a lot of folks have. And I always was a little worried about my mag dropping out with Buffalo Bore or Underwood loads. Also, I think the recoil is a bit milder on the Steinels. And I was still averaging well over 1,100 FPS out of a 4.6” barrel with penetration over 50”. Finally, the accuracy is a bit better over the Underwood….at least for me. Two inch groups at 20 feet are easy to achieve. Cost is right in line with Underwood.

If you’re running a Glock 20 this might not be the right ammo for you. Their website says that stock Glock barrels don’t shoot this load very accurately and they recommend an after market barrel. But if you’re running the M&P I highly recommend. I’m spending a month in Colorado this summer and these are the loads I’m going with on my hikes.

Stay safe

Heavyweight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk