Thread: UDT-SEAL Museum Updates

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

UDT-SEAL Museum Updates

If you have not visited the museum in Fort Pierce FL, you're doing it wrong. Not only is it where NSW was created, it was where we trained for the Normandy landings. It was a 20,000+ acre base, 130k+ men, all services, trained there. Scouts and Raiders, OSS, etc all either created there, or trained there for the big one. It's hallowed ground to the extreme for anyone who is a WWII history buff, regardless of interest in SEAL info, SOF, etc.

Anyway, the museum is opening a sister location in San Diego in the very near future and details have been added to the main site linked below, and the main museum itself will undergo a major addition, which will almost double the size. One cool addition will be a large 3D shooting simulation room supposedly. I have seen the plans, and it's gonna take the place to another level.

Another addition opening soon is The US Naval Combat Demolition Units Scouts & Raiders Monument Park Omaha Beach, Normandy, France. I have not been to Normandy myself yet, but it's on the bucket list.

More info, see: UDT-SEAL Museum.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 05-16-24 at 09:41.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    As we discussed previously, I went there in the early 90s and saw some cool stuff. In the last 2 years, I've gone to Ft. Pierce 3 times for business but didn't have time to go to the museum. Two of those trips were similar to the direct action missions those operators did, in and out in half a day. LOL. Except my direct actions were much quieter.

I'll make it there one day.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Loved visiting the Florida location in 2017, but not even this will give me reason to go to Cali.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Very cool, thanks for sharing. I'd love to see both sites, Fla and Cali.

Trivially speaking, the OSS maritime unit also had primary training in the York and Potomac rivers, and had OCONUS facilities in Cuba, the Med, and Burma.