Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Deputy unloads entire "gun clip" on car.

Feedback Score
    Experts say gun alone doesn’t justify deadly force in fatal shooting of Florida airman

https://apnews.com/article/florida-d...6b255235f3ba70

Policing experts say Fortson simply holding a gun when he opened the door wasn’t enough justification to use deadly force, but investigators will also have to consider what information the deputy knew when he responded and whether Fortson showed any behavioral indication that he posed a threat. They also say the proliferation of legal and illegal firearms is forcing officers throughout the country to have to decide faster than ever what constitutes a deadly threat.
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    Experts say gun alone doesn’t justify deadly force in fatal shooting of Florida airman

Policing experts say Fortson simply holding a gun when he opened the door wasn’t enough justification to use deadly force, but investigators will also have to consider what information the deputy knew when he responded and whether Fortson showed any behavioral indication that he posed a threat. They also say the proliferation of legal and illegal firearms is forcing officers throughout the country to have to decide faster than ever what constitutes a deadly threat.
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tn1911 View Post

Next dove season will deserve the carnage description if firearm in hand gets the good shoot seal of approval.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Is
    "They also say the proliferation of legal and illegal firearms is forcing officers throughout the country to have to decide faster than ever what constitutes a deadly threat."
    That also part of the job Description?
    Or does answering the door with a handgun in hand and pointed safely at the ground constitute a reason to kill the Homeowner?

This is why I wont answer the door.
    I told my Son when he was growing up, "Don't call the Cops because someone will get shot if they show up." This is why.
    Last edited by Averageman; 05-13-24 at 11:37.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    I told my Son when he was growing up, "Don't call the Cops because someone will get shot if they show up." This is why.
    I 110% agree with this assessment.

TBH I don't even concealed carry anymore because having that gun on me sharply increases the probability that I'll be shot by a cop, and I'm far more likely to run into a cop just going about my business than I am a "bad guy".

The absolute last thing that I ever want injected into any situation that I'm a party to is a cop...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    https://caselaw.findlaw.com/court/us...t/2167519.html

Don’t need an “expert” because this was already settled by the courts. If you use any justification along the lines of “I was in fear for my life”, “I’m going home at the end of my shift” or “I was scared” and you are in LE you need to find another line of work. Pretty disappointed in anyone defending this.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I dunno, Fire Ants, that's damn near torture.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman_04 View Post
    https://caselaw.findlaw.com/court/us...t/2167519.html

Don’t need an “expert” because this was already settled by the courts. If you use any justification along the lines of “I was in fear for my life”, “I’m going home at the end of my shift” or “I was scared” and you are in LE you need to find another line of work. Pretty disappointed in anyone defending this.
    Plenty of cops defending it on arfcom.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

And that one too.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Is
    "They also say the proliferation of legal and illegal firearms is forcing officers throughout the country to have to decide faster than ever what constitutes a deadly threat."
    That also part of the job Description?
    Or does answering the door with a handgun in hand and pointed safely at the ground constitute a reason to kill the Homeowner?

In this day and age, calling the cops to your position is like calling for an artillery fire-mission ON your position. If you're calling the cops you'd better be calling them because you're being overrun, or you're calling for them to respond to somewhere besides where you are. If you didn't call the cops, DON'T answer your door!

That IS torture! Every one of those cops should be fired and prosecuted!
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast