Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just made a claim for a hailstorm hitting my roof W/AUSA

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    That's definitely the way to go if possible. In my case, it was not. State Farm informed the mortgage holder of the claim and they demanded the escrow process. It was a giant additional layer of bureaucratic nonsense and paperwork on top of something that was already an ass-ache. I had no choice in the matter, though.
    Well I own the House outright, so..
    They'll just have to do it my "F'ing" way or eat a weiner.

Feedback Score
    That's definitely the way to go if possible. In my case, it was not. State Farm informed the mortgage holder of the claim and they demanded the escrow process. It was a giant additional layer of bureaucratic nonsense and paperwork on top of something that was already an ass-ache. I had no choice in the matter, though.
    That's a good point. I should have mentioned I had no mortgage.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What roof have you got and what roof are you sticking back on?

Didn't someone else here get a storm damaged roof replaced recently?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Well I own the House outright, so..
    They'll just have to do it my "F'ing" way or eat a weiner.
    Cool man...Owning a home outright is a beautiful thing.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Cool man...Owning a home outright is a beautiful thing.
    Yes it is Brother.
    I called the Insurance Company, I get the check.
    This just insures I get my moneys worth and someone doesn't cash the check and do a half assed job.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    So far yesterday I had six contractors come out to give me an estimate.
    I have one estimate in my hand so far and although they have been here, I still haven't heard from USAA with an estimate of the payoff.

So far I've heard,
    I will give you 500 dollars.
    Well, we just do roofing, the chimney and wood trim we will not do.
    We don't do work on fences.
    Well, let me tell you I've been doing this 30 years and....

Really? I just want my home repaired and if you can't do what I want please leave. I don't want money and I'm not going to work with you to F*ck my insurance Company.

I will say this, the estimate I do have was given to me within 4 hours and he was clearly the most proffesional.
    Last edited by Averageman; 05-14-24 at 11:40.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So far yesterday I had six contractors come out to give me an estimate.
    I have one estimate in my hand so far and although they have been here, I still haven't heard from USAA with an estimate of the payoff.

So far I've heard,
    I will give you 500 dollars.
    Well, we just do roofing, the chimney and wood trim we will not do.
    We don't do work on fences.
    Well, let me tell you I've been doing this 30 years and....

Really? I just want my home repaired and if you can't do what I want please leave. I don't want money and I'm not going to work with you to F*ck my insurance Company.

I will say this, the estimate I do have was given to me within 4 hours and he was clearly the most proffesional.
    Any professional outfit uses a computer estimating program (not sure if it uses Google Maps or not) that spits out an estimate in no time. Sounds like those other guys that are talking around it will probably be more hassle than they're worth.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    Any professional outfit uses a computer estimating program (not sure if it uses Google Maps or not) that spits out an estimate in no time. Sounds like those other guys that are talking around it will probably be more hassle than they're worth.
    Thanks, they actually use a satelite picture not too much differnt than Google Maps from my understanding.
    You know anybody not on board by tomorrow aint getting the job. I don't need some waiting around while the roofers play grab ass.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks, they actually use a satelite picture not too much differnt than Google Maps from my understanding.
    You know anybody not on board by tomorrow aint getting the job. I don't need some waiting around while the roofers play grab ass.
    PM me what state you’re in if you’re looking for a referral on a roofing contractor- I can hit one of my suppliers up and get a local to you recommendation for a solid company if you like or have the need.

Eagleview is the satellite measuring tool/company most roofers use for their measurements. Xactimate is the bidding software most use when working with insurance.

ETA- conduct proper due diligence on whomever you decide to work with. Companies that pay deductibles don’t give away money, they take something from somewhere else, usually quality. Contact your local building division and ask them the roofer that has the fewest failed inspections- that can always be a good indicator of quality work.
    Last edited by THCDDM4; 05-14-24 at 15:13.
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    Being as you have USAA, they will probably be able to work with your contractor(s) directly and it won’t be too difficult. Other big name companies run the gamut from exceptional to horrible.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast