Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bolt Carrier Brand?

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)

Bolt Carrier Brand?

A buddy has this BCG for sale and he got it in a trade or something. Not sure of the brand/make. Does anyone have a clue? It's not critical but wondering if it's a run-of-the-mill or something decent. Thanks for any info. I could prob get more pic's if needed.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Is this a .308 or something? Very odd if 5.56. It’s semi-only, but not cucked in the normal way. The ass is heavily chamfered, and there are 3 vent holes. Dowel pin to retain the firing pin. Is that chrome? What’s up with that cam pin?

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Is this a .308 or something? Very odd if 5.56. It’s semi-only, but not cucked in the normal way. The ass is heavily chamfered, and there are 3 vent holes. Dowel pin to retain the firing pin. Is that chrome? What’s up with that cam pin?
    Thanks for the reply & sorry I posted this last night and probably left out some info. Yes, it is 308, I have not held or seen it up close just phone pics from a friend. He says it's SS & while it does look like it the finish is kinda a matte finish so I'm not sure if it's a coating or actually SS. I thought the 3 holes were a bit different and wondered what the spot/area was towards the back of the bolt, so it's a dowel pin? Here are a couple more pics,maybe this will help. I assume that's carbon on the carrier, like I say I don't have it, just trying to find out about it, thanks.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Looks more like HC than stainless.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That's our (Daniel Defense) DD5 V1/V2 BCG. It'll only work in DD5 V1 or V2 Upper Receiver Groups. It's not compatible with anything else.
    Joe Marler
    Law Enforcement Sales Manager

jmarler@danieldefense.com
    www.danieldefense.com

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marler5811 View Post
    That's our (Daniel Defense) DD5 V1/V2 BCG. It'll only work in DD5 V1 or V2 Upper Receiver Groups. It's not compatible with anything else.
    WOW, really! Thanks for the info/heads-up! I'll snoop over at DD and see if I can spot one.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m1a_scoutguy View Post
    WOW, really! Thanks for the info/heads-up! I'll snoop over at DD and see if I can spot one.
    Unfortunately, the DD5 V1/V2s were discontinued several years ago with the introduction of the V3, V4, and V5. The old BCGs are not compatible with newer uppers and vice versa.
    Joe Marler

www.danieldefense.com

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marler5811 View Post
    Unfortunately, the DD5 V1/V2s were discontinued several years ago with the introduction of the V3, V4, and V5. The old BCGs are not compatible with newer uppers and vice versa.
    Interesting for sure. The reason I was asking is cuz a buddy got it in a estate sale or something it was just in a box of other parts. So for the untrained eye it just looks like a reg BCG although it seems a bit different with the 3 holes and the 2 ejectors on the face. So the big question is this won't work in a reg 308 receiver? Even if it fits/slides in the upper will it function? I know my friend is trying to sell it but if it won't work in anything other than the early DD version then its just a paperweight would ya say,LOL. I just want to let him know the ins and outs of this bolt. Thank you for any info.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Interesting for sure. The reason I was asking is cuz a buddy got it in a estate sale or something it was just in a box of other parts. So for the untrained eye it just looks like a reg BCG although it seems a bit different with the 3 holes and the 2 ejectors on the face. So the big question is this won't work in a reg 308 receiver? Even if it fits/slides in the upper will it function? I know my friend is trying to sell it but if it won't work in anything other than the early DD version then its just a paperweight would ya say,LOL. I just want to let him know the ins and outs of this bolt. Thank you for any info.
    Or an unibtainium item to someone with and early DD in need of spare parts.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yeah, man. It's only going to work in a DD5 V1 or DD5 V2 Upper. If you don't have one of those, it's completely useless. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I'd rather shoot it to you straight so you aren't wasting your money.

S/F
    Joe
    Joe Marler

www.danieldefense.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast