Thread: Considering one of two carbines

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowspirit View Post
    Earlier I wrote: If the S&W isn't up to anything serious, would it be after a good lower parts kit was installed? One gentleman responded "Replacing springs and detents isn't going to magically make a S&W the same as a Colt."

If a good lower parts kit was installed on the S&W, why wouldn't it be as good as a Colt other than barrel durability/longevity?

After I wrote the above question I thought: The Colt bolt carrier group is better. What if we then add a good aftermarket bolt carrier group to the S&W, does the aftermarket LPK and BCG make it as good as the Colt except for barrel durability/longevity?
    Lets do some math here. Lets just say shipping and FFL fee are free for ease of math.

S&W is 630 bucks.
    A Schmidt LPK is 90 bucks
    A decent BCG is 170 bucks.
    An H buffer is 30 bucks

So now we are at 920 bucks for the upgraded S&W.

Now using the same website that the S&W is listed on has a Colt OEM1 rifle for 799 (you can find them for 745 elsewhere).
    Add the BCM forend for 30 bucks
    Add a BCM trigger guard for 4 bucks
    Add 70 dollars for a B5 stock.

Now you are at 905 dollars for a complete Colt with the same furniture as the S&W. Or roughly 850 if you buy the OEM1 at 750.

Or look elsewhere for a factory complete 6920 like this for 960 bucks.

https://www.defensedepot.com/product...lapsible-stock
    Last edited by C-grunt; 05-10-24 at 18:30.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"