Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone still .40 S&W?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    No, what's going on is the idiot cops are making up for poor shot placement with volume of fire.

Notice the trend of late....more good cops have quit the job (for all the obvious reasons of today), and more and more assbrains are being hired to replace them.

Look at all the screaming Karen's & Chad's with badges these days gunning down folks by mistake. Every. Damn. Day it seems, you read the stories.

So if these dumbasses can't even read an adress, I don't expect them to be demonstrating professionalism in their shooting either.
    The news media must be omitting that from their broadcasts in my area because I haven't seen all these shootings you are talking about.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post
    If I didn’t have a G23-4, and I was wanting to add a .40 just to have one, the LEO trade ins are the way to go. I’ve never heard of anyone getting a bad one…and Glock will still warranty them if there is a problem:

https://aimsurplus.com/products/leo-...4-40sw-handgun

$279 ain’t a bad deal…
    DAMN! That's a hell of a price. I was looking at an HK P30L, but I may scoop one of these up. Scratch that. I grabbed one.

Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    I've had to guard many a bad guy at the hospital who got into a gunfight with cops and got blasted with 40 and 45s. I've also see plenty of people get dropped by 9mm. I've never seen bigger bullets make up.for bad shot placement and I've never seen good shot placement not work. Even with FMJ and smaller calibers, shots to the A zone are very effective.

Pretty much universally our officers have shot more accurately when they switched from 40 to 9mm. Going from 15 round mags to 17 round mags hasn't made them become spray and pray goons. Plenty of dudes panicked and mag dumped with the 40s too.
    Your opinion on the notion carries a lot of weight. I'll chalk it up to the fact that we just get way more shooting footage than in the 40 cal days. That said, I'm still enjoying the 40 cal again. A buddy offered to loan me his die set, so I may crank out some reloads during the summer heat this year.
    Last edited by markm; 05-10-24 at 09:12.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I still like the 40 and I own quite a few pistols in that caliber.

I almost never carry anymore, but on the off chance that I do, it's generally an old G27 or 442. Mega-cap 9's bore me. Whatever...It's all for the lulz anyway.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    I still like the 40 and I own quite a few pistols in that caliber.

I almost never carry anymore, but on the off chance that I do, it's generally an old G27 or 442.
    I rarely "carry", but I bring my pistol and leave it in the truck. Occasionally carry on the dog walk.

Mega-cap 9's bore me. Whatever...It's all for the lulz anyway.
    Same here. Pappabear was like "Buy a G19!". I'm like why? I'd shoot it once and never bring it out again. We already have every 9mm pistol on the planet. I want to shoot the men's division again for a while.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    DAMN! That's a hell of a price. I was looking at an HK P30L, but I may scoop one of these up. Scratch that. I grabbed one.

Your opinion on the notion carries a lot of weight. I'll chalk it up to the fact that we just get way more shooting footage than in the 40 cal days. That said, I'm still enjoying the 40 cal again. A buddy offered to loan me his die set, so I may crank out some reloads during the summer heat this year.

I know the Gen 4’s take a lot of grief, but I like them. Their finish is, IMO, the best Glock did. I know they had an ejection issue but I only experienced it in one G21 and Glock ended up taking it back and replacing it for me.

A few years back, I used to shoot Steel Challenge matches and one of the old timers shot a G22. He loved shooting low power .40’s and said with his arthritis, loading .40 was much easier than 9MM and cheaper than .45. I thought that made a lot of sense….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post
    I know the Gen 4’s take a lot of grief, but I like them. Their finish is, IMO, the best Glock did.
    For the price, I'll risk it. As long as the brass isn't hitting my head, I'm good. I already have the mags and holsters, so there's no extra purchases to get rolling.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog7972 View Post
    The news media must be omitting that from their broadcasts in my area because I haven't seen all these shootings you are talking about.
    Check out the "Police Activity" YouTube channel.

Many years of Police shooting videos there. Some very professional work, and plenty of WTF?! to be seen.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I had .40 for like a minute, but always felt it was a solution in search of a problem. I found I shot better with 9mm or .45, and .40 didn't last long with me.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    For the price, I'll risk it. As long as the brass isn't hitting my head, I'm good. I already have the mags and holsters, so there's no extra purchases to get rolling.
    I don't think there is any way to know until you fire it.

I've had Glocks in 9mm, .357, .40, .45 acp, .45 Gap, and 10mm pelt me in the face with brass ranging from occasional to constant.

The last new Glock I bought was a Gen 4 G30. The brass cut my forehead and I thought it might become a scar but it didn't. That was the last straw.

Later a borrowed a G38 .45 gap because I could "try before I buy". More cases in the face. Gave it back of course.

Gen 5's have a cut in the breach face to control extraction more positively. I read it generally does but I haven't fired one. Gen 5 introduced a couple new issues, too.

There is no reason to suffer Glocks when there are so many alternatives. It's become the old model VW Beetle to me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I had .40 for like a minute, but always felt it was a solution in search of a problem. I found I shot better with 9mm or .45, and .40 didn't last long with me.
    The problem was people wanted a more powerful cartridge like .45, didn't want to sacrifice much capacity, and wanted it to fit in 9mm-sized guns.

.40 does that. It's a "problem solver".

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast