Thread: Glock G19X question

Feedback Score

Glock G19X question

I was in a gun store the other day looking over a Glock 19X. This has the nPVD-treated slide which is apparently unique to the 19X. Did this gun have the nPVD finish from it's introduction or did it start out with some other finish?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    I was in a gun store the other day looking over a Glock 19X. This has the nPVD-treated slide which is apparently unique to the 19X. Did this gun have the nPVD finish from it's introduction or did it start out with some other finish?
    To my knowledge, it has had the nPVD-coated slide (to prevent corrosion) since the 19X came out.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have a 19x and it's one of my favorite pistols. IIRC, the slide is PVD since inception. My example is holding up well. I also have a Gen 5 G19, with the DLC coating, and it's supposed to be tougher. But I can't tell by looking at my two pistols. IMO the 19x is a hell of a nice pistol for the money.
    Last edited by 556BlackRifle; 05-14-24 at 13:47.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    I ended up putting it on layaway.

Feedback Score
    The 19X has always had the PVD coated slide. I had a 19X when it first came out but have since sold it. I prefer the G45. The 19X lacks the Gen 5 breech face cut and the ability to use the Gen 5 magazine base plate. All it took was one range session and one reload that wouldn’t work because I grabbed a Gen 5 mag and I got rid of it. That’s not the guns fault, just my preference.
    Last edited by DoubleW; 05-14-24 at 20:09.

Feedback Score
    I ended up putting it on layaway.
    Good choice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleW View Post
    The 19X has always had the PVD coated slide.
    Is that a good thing? We have a 19X in the house, but I never really knew much about its details.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Is that a good thing? We have a 19X in the house, but I never really knew much about its details.
    I wouldn’t quantify it as good or bad. It’s definitely perfectly adequate. My friend shoots a 19X exclusively. We shoot at least 500 rds through pistol once a month at our monthly training session and have been for several years and his gun has never bobbled and shows little to no wear and it’s run hard in a safariland holster. Lots of presentation and reholstering.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Gotcha. I was kind of curious how that slide finish held up. Thanks.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Gotcha. I was kind of curious how that slide finish held up. Thanks.
    Finish holds up VERY good. I have a G17 gen 5 i got at the same time. The round count is roughly the same, The 17 looks ALOT worse then the 19X. Only marks so far is from the safariland 6378.