Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: To Glock or Not to Glock

Feedback Score
    Just adding that I took the new M&P 2.0 .40 Compact w/safety out and it was great.

Zero malfunctions, zero BTF, ate hot Underwood and different, including weak reloads of mine. Accurate, too.

The trigger is crunchy but this improves with use and I like they have a crisp "wall" IMO.

I'd love one of these optic-ready in .40 but Noooo because no one ever makes exactly what want.

Also, Glocks, the Beretta 96, and to a smaller degree HK (Because their .40 mags are lower capacity for some reason) are what helped many people hate .40. .40 is great. It's the .40 Glocks & Beretta 96 that suck.
    Last edited by Ron3; 04-20-24 at 09:23.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Just adding that I took the new M&P 2.0 .40 Compact w/safety out and it was great.

Zero malfunctions, zero BTF, ate hot Underwood and different, including weak reloads of mine. Accurate, too.

The trigger is crunchy but this improves with use and I like they have a crisp "wall" IMO.

I'd love one of these optic-ready in .40 but Noooo because no one ever makes exactly what want.

Also, Glocks, the Beretta 96, and to a smaller degree HK (Because their .40 mags are lower capacity for some reason) are what helped many people hate .40. .40 is great. It's the .40 Glocks & Beretta 96 that suck.
    The 40 M&Ps are really good

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Just send the slide out to be milled for desired optic.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alvincullumyork View Post
    I have a question for you guys...

I have a S&W M&P 9 that I like quite a bit. It has somewhere between 7 to 9k rounds through it. Front night site, 5 mags, and a holster plus a single mag carrier. So I'm not terribly invested into.

I've always suspected [read really want to be true so I can blame my misses] that's its one of the guns with a loose barrel and probably isn't that accurate so I want to have an Apex barrel fitted. Along with that an Apex trigger I also want to mill out the slide and put an RDS on it. Add a TLR 1 for good measure.

Now here is the rub. It's been discontinued by SW being replaced by the 2.0. Mags are closing in on 50$ a pop. Aftermarket support is okay but nothing stellar.

If I could go back in time I would have a bought a G19. Cheap mags and basically unlimited aftermarket. I'm thinking about going down that road instead of sinking more money into my smith.

I'd like a G19 frame with a G17 slide/barrel. The way I see it I could do this a couple different ways, a shadow systems MR920L or buy a LEO trade in 17 and chop the frame. I'd keep my smith as a spare and or give it to one of my kids.

What do you guys think? Stick with the smith or join the dark side?
    Which one do you shoot better? I shoot my M&P way better than my Glocks. It just "fits" my hand better but I still carry the Glock more because I'm invested in it a lot deeper. Who says you can't have both? Just get a 19X MOS and rock out with both.

Feedback Score
    I guess I'm a fanboy, too old to be fartin around with anything else. Point shoot bang, it's not rocket science. Whatever delivers the goods, get sum.
    "We all got it comin"....Will Munny

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CrowCommand View Post
    Just send the slide out to be milled for desired optic.
    Yea, but milling, refinishing, and suppressor height sights totals around $350. And that's to use an optic I have but I want to try a 6 moa green dot. So there's another few hundred.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have been casually shooting pistols for 16 years and just (less than six months ago) went to a Glock 19 Gen5 for my concealed carry gun.
    I never wanted a Glock because 'everybody has one, I want something different.' I used four different concealed carry guns over the years and finally said to myself, 'let me see what all the hype is about.'
    For me, I shot it better than my four previous pistols for concealed carry, and yes, the aftermarket support is there.
    Rent one and try it out.

Feedback Score
    Yea, but milling, refinishing, and suppressor height sights totals around $350. And that's to use an optic I have but I want to try a 6 moa green dot. So there's another few hundred.
    Just get the milling for $160. The rest is luxury if you buy quality. The trijicon optics seal the slide, add oil before installation and forget it.

Supressor hight sights are useless if you train. If you dont, then dont buy a red dot for a serious gun.

Others may disagree, but Ive run... pushing 40k + rounds on rds, all that either dedicated practice or competition, and never had a lack of supressor hight sights hold me back. If you need a sight, they are actually there. The rds doesnt delete them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cips View Post
    I have been casually shooting pistols for 16 years and just (less than six months ago) went to a Glock 19 Gen5 for my concealed carry gun.
    I never wanted a Glock because 'everybody has one, I want something different.' I used four different concealed carry guns over the years and finally said to myself, 'let me see what all the hype is about.'
    For me, I shot it better than my four previous pistols for concealed carry, and yes, the aftermarket support is there.
    Rent one and try it out.
    Yeah, the gun isnt exciting. Actually getting good cause your not ****ing around with auxilliary bullshit is exciting.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 04-21-24 at 21:17.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Just get the milling for $160. The rest is luxury if you buy quality. The trijicon optics seal the slide, add oil before installation and forget it.

Supressor hight sights are useless if you train. If you dont, then dont buy a red dot for a serious gun.

Others may disagree, but Ive run... pushing 40k + rounds on rds, all that either dedicated practice or competition, and never had a lack of supressor hight sights hold me back. If you need a sight, they are actually there. The rds doesnt delete them.

Yeah, the gun isnt exciting. Actually getting good cause your not ****ing around with auxilliary bullshit is exciting.
    If I bring the gun up & there is no dot or optic comes loose I would like back up irons.

Feedback Score
    I am going to sound like a broken record.

I would never put a big red dot on a glock again. The Leupold Delta micro is just that great. Once you train with it, you will find the dot just floating in front of your face.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast