Sold the 6933 upper. Super cool. Probably collectible sooner rather than later. But not something I need to keep and not shoot.

Switched out a well-loved SSA to an SSA-E X. *chortle. I like this thing. I sold the SSA along with some other items, and that was the excuse needed to pull the bandaid off a ridiculously expensive trigger still in packaging.

Also switched out a Geissele Posi-Snap ambi safety for the offset FCD with 90° throw. Not sure about that yet… The roll pins seem like an improvement over a screw, but the offset is awkward.

Assembled (dry fit) a 20” upper using Aero slick receiver, Midwest Industries Combat rail 13.375”, and Ballistic Advantage 20” heavy stainless barrel. Dimpled the barrel with the SLR jig.

Re-assembled a cheap Expo Arms receiver. Originally purchased to strip and use individual parts, **I was unable to remove the FCD 6315 muzzle device.** Started with a MI URR, then removed handguard and used vice clamps on barrel. Even ordered a Viper barrel vice but gave up and figured I’ll keep the $244 upper for what it is. Re-assembled. Note that the receiver-barrel fit was not tight in either the Expo barrel or the BA barrel mentioned above. Ultimately, I have a “trade as needed for something I really want” upper now.