Thread: Colt European CR6920-EC AR15

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Forgot to mention….a CIP or Wylde chamber will fail that gauge.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Forgot to mention….a CIP or Wylde chamber will fail that gauge.
    I want the reamer to fix my one Wylde chamber AND run in my suspect chambers. And now that I see the guage, I'm going to need that too.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I want the reamer to fix my one Wylde chamber AND run in my suspect chambers. And now that I see the guage, I'm going to need that too.
    I have that reamer, works well in some barrels, one of the few tools of Neds I would buy.

Not reaming my Euro Colts, part of the charm of the rifle, for me.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by the AR-15 Junkie View Post
    I have that reamer, works well in some barrels, one of the few tools of Neds I would buy.

Not reaming my Euro Colts, part of the charm of the rifle, for me.
    I can appreciate that. Do you plan to shoot the Euro or keep as a collector?
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    So dumb rookie question. I just want to confirm that since these are .223 barrels, not 5.56 barrels, you shouldn't/can't use 5.56 ammo like XM193. Saw some mention that it's like a wylde chambering, so would 5.56 be ok?

Honestly, that's what's kept me from getting one, since I already have a ton of 5.56 ammo, multiple US AR's and don't want to FU, grab this rifle without thinking and start running 5.56 through it.
    Last edited by cosmo223; 04-10-24 at 22:30.

Feedback Score
    13 (93%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmo223 View Post
    So dumb rookie question. I just want to confirm that since these are .223 barrels, not 5.56 barrels, you shouldn't/can't use 5.56 ammo like XM193. Saw some mention that it's like a wylde chambering, so would 5.56 be ok?

Honestly, that's what's kept me from getting one, since I already have a ton of 5.56 ammo, multiple US AR's and don't want to FU, grab this rifle without thinking and start running 5.56 through it.
    If the chamber specs are similar to wylde, then you should have no problems at all shooting 5.56 pressure ammo. I had high hopes when CZ purchased Colt, but so far everything they have put out is about as exciting as watching paint dry.

I hope things change in the future.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmo223 View Post
    Even if it was really a .223 chamber, it's not like the gun will blow up. You'd probably have diminished reliability with 5.56 (failure to extract, for example) and possibly popped primers.

I'd love to know for sure what the deal is, AND if the current run is chambered differently than the first 16" version. Mine definitely behaves like a 5.56 chamber. And I surely have some barrels that DO NOT behave.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Bolt Closes on 1.4636, does NOT close on 1.4646.