My good buddy and Gunn mentor who got me into AR’s had a good way of thinking about guns. The main thing is that guns come into flavors. The first is guns that you have a specific purpose for. Whether it be for concealed carry, or some kind of shooting sport event. It has a specific tied to it so that you use it for that. That is distinct from guns that you just take to the range and like to shoot. The second type of gun is one that you have rationalized and realized that it doesn’t suit a specific, purpose or activity, you just want it.

Both are valid reasons for owning a gun but don’t try to rationalize the second type of gun by saying it is the first.

He is also very rational that if the gun doesn’t fit into the first or second category, he will trade it for something that does, or sell it for when he can find something that fits the first or second scenario..

I have a thread in the forum in the other semi automatic rifles, section where I talk about my search for the second type of guns, considering that we are probably going to get an assault weapons ban here in Colorado.