Quote Originally Posted by lisadyer View Post
Hello

I’m planning to get my first suppressor, and I was hoping I could get some help/advice, with some questions:

1- I’m in AZ, do I just go to a silencer shop and they help perform all the steps including finger printing, etc.?

2- Does having a CCW permit help with processing times?

3- I have multiple caliber handguns, would one suppressor ‘fit all’ type of thing? For example, if I buy the rugged Obsidian 45, will it work on my 9mm and 10mm handguns? I watched YouTube videos but I can’t figure out whether the above suppressor does or doesn’t come with ‘adapters’ for other calibers.

4- Will I need to do the same process for separate suppressors or it’s a do it once type of deal?

Sorry, I’m just absolutely new to suppressors and have no clue what I’m walking into. Thanks!
Welcome to the suppressor world.
1) Yes the store would help you get things done to a point. For stores with the Silencer Shop Kiosk, a lot can be done in store. Then future Silencer shop related purchases will go quicker as they have your data on file. Plus you can get printed copies of your finger print cards for use elsewhere.
2) its a seperate background check so the CCW permit won’t matter.
3)If you look at the obsidian specs, it should list calibers it is rated for.
4) yes, you have to repeat the process for each NFA purchase.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk