Thread: 9mm Non-dedicated Rig

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrowCommand View Post

- What’s an ideal barrel length for a PCC in 9mm?
    1/2” longer than your 5.56 gun, with the same handguard, optic, etc.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Before I went to dedicated 9mm lowers I used the EndoMags which you inserted into a PMAG.

https://www.meanarms.com/products/detail/endomag-9mm

*No modifications to your 5.56x45 lower receiver! Changing calibers is now simply a complete 9mm upper for your AR platform. No nuts, no bolts, no drilling, no bull.

*Last round bolt-hold open feature, just as an AR-15 should function.

*Built-in ejector designed to perform under intense conditions.

*Convert your 5.56x45 PMAGⓇ to 9mm in seconds, and easily convert back to 5.56 without damaging your PMAGⓇ. No permanent changes to anything!

*Specially formulated polymer.

*This product carries a MEAN Lifetime Warranty! If you have an issue please contact our support department via email at support@meanarms.com. We are here to help!

The only problem that I had was that it required a precise ritual to safely clear the PCC. Because the ejector is attached to the magazine, if you drop the magazine and then lock action to rear very often the round will remain held in place on the breech face by the extractor. A casual look by the shooter or RO will reveal empty mag well and empty chamber but not detect the round on the face of the bolt. If you go action forward hammer down you may get a bang. Of course if you are placing a chamber flag in the PCC and then letting the action go forward, the round wouldn't chamber.

Solution is to lock action open, drop mag, fingerbang the bolt face, mag well and chamber as well as look.
    This may be the route I go, thank you. Building out as mainly a fun gun, most likely will not be competing with it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    1/2” longer than your 5.56 gun, with the same handguard, optic, etc.
    Curious what your reasoning for this is….I would think 9mm wouldn’t need a real long barrel to stabilize.

This will be going on a pistol lower, so I guess my point is that I’d prefer it longer than hand gun barrel length, but shorter than 16”. Leaning 10.5” at the moment.

No suppressors in my state, unfortunately.

Thanks to everyone else too, I will be referencing this thread as I build.