Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
Those rifles shoot nicely. Let us know if you have any extraction or ejection problems.

Honestly, I think modularity has even less value in the military context than civilian. It always sounds good until you remember that guns need to be zeroed, or the conversion parts actually issued and accounted for, or that 5.56 is optimal for a fighting carbine. With that said, I can see buying a 7.62x39 version of this.

Indeed. Pistols, too.
I bought a mk116 mod 2 a few years ago. Had wanted one of their piston rifles for a while before that, but couldn't bring myself to spend the $.

I did have a single extraction issue very early on. I want to say it was switching between steel and brass cased ammo, but I don't remember exactly. Either way, I promptly replaced the extractor spring with a new BCM spring and insert, and cleaned the chamber until it shone. Haven't had a single issue in a couple or so thousand rounds since. FWIW.

As to the modularity of the UXR being of little use to the military, I tend to agree when it comes to being in the field. Was thinking it might have some value during training, with parts/kits being kept by the armorers. And also in the context of offering multiple calibers in a single weapon system that can fairly easily be customized to fit mission specific requirements.