Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
Unlike the others that were solutions in search of a problem, I think this one has potential and worth keeping an eye on as to guns offered and ammo manufacturers offerings and such. I will not be giving up on 9mm any time, soon, but there's a place for sure in a .380 sized pistol with very close to 9mm ballistics, and with more terminal ballistics testing and such, 9mm sized pistols with greater capacity and (maybe) reduced recoil. As I rule, I don't do niche rnds, and feel for me, and most others, 9mm, 5.56 and .308 will cover what's needed. Your mileage may differ.
It will not, not today, yesterday, or tomorrow, ever NOT be a 9mm size gun. Not on a train, nor in a box. It is also not likely to be seen in a blowback gun less massive than a Hi Point. It is a cartridge the same length as 9x19, with similar bolt thrust and higher pressure, both in the chamber and at uncorking.

Just wipe “.380 replacement” completely out of your heads. That is a .32 ACP, in the case of bores. I’m not sure how else to say this at this point. The maths and physics are accurately covered in Louisiana high school, and we cannot simply will those sciences into irrelevance because we want a better pocketgun. The only thing we can get out of the tradeoff is more capacity at similar velocity and kinetic energy levels, in comparison to 9x19.