I think this is the particular part that you're referencing.
https://nfalawyers.com/new-41f-updat...wyers-clients/

Lawyers can tell you how to navigate a process, but taking their advice doesn't get you a get out of jail free card. If you follow a lawyer's advice and end up in legal trouble, will that lawyer pay all of your legal fees and tell the court that they gave you the advice that led you to be in the situation? Larry Vickers no doubt received advice from lawyers regarding how to navigate the ATF's regulations. In the end, he still got charged. Amending and shredding an amendment to a trust for the purpose of avoiding background checks for those in the trust seems like a bad idea because one of the primary purposes of 41F was to require background checks for everyone in a trust. It doesn't matter that nobody would have failed the background check anyway.
None of the machineguns that Larry Vickers got imported were used for nefarious purposes. I think someone doing this is messing with fire. The ATF has unlimited funds and has demonstrated that they don't really care about the letter of the law. So, I wouldn't do it but wish the best of luck to anyone who does.