Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Non-ARs for collection before State AWB

Feedback Score
    PS90 Standard worth a nod?

Zastava Arms PAP M90 5.56 NATO a good example? Saw one locally.

What's the best-of-breed of the new 9mm carbines?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    PS90 Standard worth a nod?
    I like my PS90...Interesting design and fun to shoot. Ammo's pretty spendy, though, so at this point it's more of a safe queen than anything.

I'll assume you have a way to source the good mags...It's just not quite as cool with 10rd mags.

I'm not up on the latest in 9mm carbines. Both of the ones I own are kinda meh and I don't really shoot them all that much. I'd rather shoot my 10/22 than a 9mm carbine if I'm being completely honest.
    Last edited by kerplode; 02-20-24 at 10:25.

Feedback Score
    Zastava Arms PAP M90 5.56 NATO a good example? Saw one locally.
    They're good rifle, though they are heavy. Here's a good thread discussing parts kits through the current Zastava USA offerings.
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...va-M90-5-56-AK

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    I like my PS90...Interesting design and fun to shoot. Ammo's pretty spendy, though, so at this point it's more of a safe queen than anything.

I'll assume you have a way to source the good mags...It's just not quite as cool with 10rd mags.

I'm not up on the latest in 9mm carbines. Both of the ones I own are kinda meh and I don't really shoot them all that much. I'd rather shoot my 10/22 than a 9mm carbine if I'm being completely honest.
    I have a HK SP5 'full size' and a Mp5K clone, I think a LGS has an actual SP5K. Spendy, like SCAR spendy, for a gun i 'have', but not a real one.

I keep forgetting about the mag issue that I already have being in CO- limited to 15 for new guns.

I love 22lr. Have MP5 clones, and ARs set up for 22lr- and I BANG THE LIVING CRAP OUT OF THEM! I agree, for the range 22lr over 9mm for fun, outside of competitions where a 9m carbine is the minimum.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Well so far:
    Sig Speer LT, 16 inch 556
    Zastava Arms PAP M90 5.56 NATO
    CZ Bren 18inch Pistol

Sig was kind of an Impulse buy and more of a ‘end point AR’ platform. Thanks for the Zastava point out, and I’ve been looking at Brens for awhile. It’s funny how I’m not particularly brand loyal, but I end up with SIG and CZ guns a lot of the time.

Local store has a SCAR H NRCH, but the Bren kind of fills that void, and I rarely shoot my LMT MWS because of ammo cost anyways. Really want an HK53 after watching Grarand Thumbs recent vid, and filling a Roller-delayed rifle to check a box. Maybe a FAL. Son wants me to get a Galil.

Might just dump some money into RMGO, but I’m not a huge fan of Dudley.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Well so far:
    Sig Speer LT, 16 inch 556
    Zastava Arms PAP M90 5.56 NATO
    CZ Bren 18inch Pistol
    Excellent choices!

Maybe a FAL.
    Yeah, man, FALs are sweet. I have a couple...Love them both.

Save some room in the budget for a pair of short shorts so you can play Rhodesian Commando.

I’m not a huge fan of Dudley.
    I feel ya on that one. Probably still worth tossing RMGO a couple bucks, though.

Feedback Score
    I thought I'd blow a guy for meth before I'd donate to RMGO/Dudley. I guess it will be the opposite order... Funny, I look at the membership as a negative, not a positive. I'd rather that dog just hunt.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Lol, yeah, I'd rather not have the membership as well. I wasn't ever a member, but they emailed me relentlessly for like two years and the only think I could think of that happened was I wrote one of the Repub reps and he gave them my email.

If you could just slide them $50 and go "Here, go do some good with this and pretty please try not to be a sociopath in the process" that really would be best. But alas...

The other option is to go hard on Second Amendment Foundation for the post-enactment legal battle.

Feedback Score
    This is a good thread for thought. Depressing, but a reality for some at the state level.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    Lol, yeah, I'd rather not have the membership as well. I wasn't ever a member, but they emailed me relentlessly for like two years and the only think I could think of that happened was I wrote one of the Repub reps and he gave them my email.

If you could just slide them $50 and go "Here, go do some good with this and pretty please try not to be a sociopath in the process" that really would be best. But alas...

The other option is to go hard on Second Amendment Foundation for the post-enactment legal battle.
    That’s kind of where I am. RMGO has done some lawsuit stuff on local stuff when we lost pre-emption. I wish I had enough money to give to Dudley to make a real mess out of this, but I did a lifetime membership, and when the lawsuits come, I’ll see who I like best.

If you are getting that some of us don’t like the leader of RMGO, Dudley, after the 15 round mag limit around 2010, we had an opportunity to get 30 rounders legal, but Dudley. Threatened any GOPer with a primary fight if they supported it. It was incremental, but it would have been a win for the out-state people. Maybe it would have eventually been thrown out seeing how the state is going, but it was a neat turn-around of the left’s tactic of incrementalism. THe ‘all or nothing’ model works for these crisis groups who need the problem to continue for fundraising.

It's that simple.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast