Thread: Truckers for Trump - BOYCOTT

Feedback Score

Truckers for Trump - BOYCOTT

Truckers boycotting deliveries to NYC in response to court judgement against DJT. MAGA

"I’ve been on the radio talking to drivers for about the past hour, and I’ve talked to about 10 drivers," Ray wrote. "I don’t know how far across the country this is or how many truckers are going to start denying loads going to New York City, but I’ll tell you what — you f--- around and find out," he said.“

https://www.foxnews.com/us/truckers-...m-fraud-ruling

Feedback Score
    Most drivers I’ve ever met hate going to NYC anyway. This just gives them another excuse to decline runs to or from that shit hole.

Feedback Score
    I'll have to say, "won't happen".

There are owner operators that will hold out for a moment, but when the city runs low on things and rates get raised, even they will put money first. Rates have been in the toilet for many years, a chance to make a few extra bucks and most will jump.

The bigger companies, JB Hunt, Snyder, etc care ONLY about money, they will send trucks there every day. If a driver refuses they will be replaced by a driving school student that is going to jump at the chance.

Feedback Score
    Good. Truckers refusing to go to NCY is a natural.

A successful boycott would result in raising freight rates to incentivize moving freight to NYC. Again, good.
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 02-19-24 at 08:42.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by .45fan View Post

There are owner operators that will hold out for a moment, but when the city runs low on things and rates get raised, even they will put money first. Rates have been in the toilet for many years, a chance to make a few extra bucks and most will jump.

The bigger companies, JB Hunt, Snyder, etc care ONLY about money, they will send trucks there every day. If a driver refuses they will be replaced by a driving school student that is going to jump at the chance.
    #Truth

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by .45fan View Post

Yep. I'm a three truck nobody company, but I follow a couple trucking forums. Support for this is lukewarm at best. DJT did zero to help small trucking under his watch and I'm not going to lose money for him, to make a political point , if the opportunity presents itself.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Yep. I'm a three truck nobody company, but I follow a couple trucking forums. Support for this is lukewarm at best. DJT did zero to help small trucking under his watch and I'm not going to lose money for him, to make a political point , if the opportunity presents itself.
    Agreed.
    I've heard about "shutdowns" for over 30 years now and never see more than a few dozen do anything.
    You're not the only nobody out there, I've got a dozen and I'm nobody as well.

Feedback Score
    I retired from a trucking company last year. I drove for a little over 26 years then went into a safety department for another 22. Last time I remember a real shutdown was in the late 70's when diesel got to a dollar a gallon. It lasted long enough to get some national attention and started the ball rolling on the fuel surcharge system.

This boycott of NYC is just a lot of noise. It may cause rates to go up but that's about all will happen. Back in the 70's and 80's there were more independent (owner/operators). Today with the high cost of equipment, fuel, maintenance, etc., they can't afford to shut down. Last time I saw any rates, NYC loads always went at a premium rate to cover tolls and compensate for time involved.

Just my 2 cents