Thread: So God gave us Trump.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dumb Gun Collector View Post
    I don't see how me recognizing that Trump is a deeply flawed candidate in the general discussion forum of a deeply conservative gun forum helps get Biden elected. I have voted for nothing but republicans (with two local exceptions who were personal friends)for my entire 35 year voting life. I don't think anyone out there has failed to form their opinions of the man yet.

I would prefer DeSantis or even Haley, but I recognize that Trump has such a hold on his followers that they won't get the nomination. Since I live in reality I don't take my ball and go home when I don't get exactly what I want. Trump is objectively better than Biden by almost every measure (I wish Trump had Biden's Social media discipline/inability to operate a keyboard). I plan on voting for Trump and pray to God he won't be sitting next to a Democrat in a repeat of this in a few years.
    I agree with you on everything but that bolded part. I refuse to vote for Haley, period. I think I am being pretty generous politics-wise to narrow it down to two candidates I will vote for; one wholeheartedly, and one reluctantly. No one other than those two though. I'm done with the McCains and Romneys of the Republican Party, and that is exactly what Haley is. No bueno amigo.

Now if some outside dark-horse conservative is brought in to fill a void then I *might* consider that person. A bit biased because he is my Congressman but someone like Mark Green of TN, or someone cut from that cloth. NOT someone already running in the primary though (no Ramiswamy either, don't trust him).

I have NEVER hit a "D" lever in my life and won't start in November. Worst-case scenario I just skip the POTUS lever and vote down-ballot.
    Last edited by ABNAK; 01-06-24 at 09:07.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!