Thread: New Marlin 1894C 357 $1,300 ???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post
    I think these Rugers are worth $1000 all day.

They sell at a premium to Henry’s but the Ruger is more of an upgrade with both materials and manufacturing. Both companies have outstanding customer service and support. I do like my Henry’s but my next new lever will be a new Marlin.

Don’t try using AR economics on this rifle. Both are great but different. I see quality lever guns as more of an heirloom, fun gun. Sure it can serve for hunting or self defense but for me, it’s a range gun first. Kinda like a Glock versus a wood and blue S&W or Ruger wheel gun.

YMMV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nothing against Ruger, but for $1000 I would be looking for a used JM carbine. Then again, I am hoping to get the cards to line up and buy a new Winchester 1895 for around the same price, and they aren't even USA made.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 12-25-23 at 11:37.

Feedback Score

New Marlin 1894C 357 $1,300 ???

Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Nothing against Ruger, but for $1000 I would be looking for a used JM carbine. Then again, I am hoping to get the cards to line up and buy a new Winchester 1895 for around the same price, and they aren't even USA made.

Andy
    By most accounts, the Ruger is a better built gun than the JM’s. That isn’t to say the JM’s are not good guns…just the modern machining makes for a tighter gun.

I get the idea of the JM’s, as I have an old M94 that while banged up and a bit worn, has a ton of charm. I do love the old Marlins. But they are no bargain these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BuzzinSATX; 12-27-23 at 12:22.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post
    By most accounts, the Ruger is a better built gun than the JM’s. That isn’t to say the JM’s are not good guns…just the modern machining makes for a tighter gun.

I get the idea of the JM’s, as I have an old M94 that while banged up and a bit worn, has a ton of charm. I do love the old Marlins. But they are no bargain these days.
    You’re probably right on all counts, Ruger builds good guns. When I bought my JM”s there was no indication the Marlin lever actions would ever be built again so I bought what I could afford at the time. I wish I would have bought one of those .444 Carbines too but I guess you can’t have everything.