Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
LOL No corrections bro, I only found that out myself as I browsed the Federal website. Unless I had looked into it I would have thought the MSR vs non-MSR product was a wash! Honestly, I don't think the difference is that great, but since they had one for a semi-auto vs a bolt gun I went for it. I would really like a 165gr MSR.....to me that would be the perfect balance of weight and velocity in an action it was designed for.
Right on.

Yeah I actually dismissed MSR for the first several years after its release. Until I saw chrono results across multiple cals really bringing the heat.

I prefer 165-168gr for 16" AR10's (and my 22" Tikka in 308 as well). Still using my stash of 168gr Trophy Bonded Tip and the Federal Tactical 165gr version of the same load. It's a tipped TBBC with a boat tail, using GMM primer/powder/brass. VERY accurate and superb on-target. BUT, they stopped making it.

So, like you, a 165-168gr MSR round would literally be my first choice to replace my Trophy Bonded Tip stash, if Federal ever chose to make it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk