Thread: Loctite 609 Retaining Compound on Barrel Sleeve? What do y'all use on barrel sleeve?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    I shimmed on a gun I specifically built for precision, and I recently used 609 or 620 (I don’t remember which) on a 13.9 Criterion barrel that I use for general purpose. I don’t know if it helped the mechanical accuracy or not, but I don’t see an objective way that it could hurt. Same with squaring/truing the face of the upper receiver.
    And that's really the main argument that I see in support of bedding and truing the receiver face. "It can't hurt, so why not do it?"

I'm not saying people shouldn't do it, but personally I'd love to see some testing done to see what kind of difference (if any) that it really makes. There are situations and certain set ups where any gain in accuracy might make some difference. And that's with long range competition rifles and rifles geared more towards precision. Everything else which probably falls into the 99% it just doesn't matter because they are not going to be used in that extreme and most shooters aren't good enough to take advantage of it.
    Last edited by 556Cliff; 11-18-23 at 10:49.