Been a 'few' years so let me try n remember.
All training/classes are/were '9-to-5' so the entire lo/no light spectrum rarely gets addressed, other than "you need to have a good weapon light".

Most of it (especially rifle) was obvious-stupid-basic: insufficient light, not able to see the target.
Crazy how much light you need to id a target at even 25yds. Not just volume, but focus, if that makes sense.
Hard to hit anything if you cant see sh#t.....

Also muzzle blast, recall the difference between ammo. That steel case Tula/BrownBear stuff put out these massive flames. It did have an effect on your night vision.
Reiterating the essence of suppressors if wanting to remain concealed....(alive?)

My main takeaway was to have a bright enough weapon light (be it pistol or rifle) with enough of a focused beam. AND a laser - especially on my pistol, dialed in for whatever max distance is reasonable. AND a laser. With suppressor as cherry on top....

Red dots on pistol is big these days but having tried a few set-ups its not for me, so yeah laser is my go to.
Another thing I find helpful is large enough sights - tritium suppressor height sights really help, on so many levels. I'm in the process on putting them on every edc pistol i own.
(But then again I'm getting old and my vision is going down the drain).

I'd love to hear others' experiences.