Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
OTOH new Springer has a "crunchenticker" of its own with the mainspring-assembly lock. Right now the specs on the Big Bitch are a Caspian frame, Fusion slide and barrel (only player left in the 7" game) with a mixture of Wilson, Harrison Design and EGW other components aside from a Colt grip-safety that's giving me a hell of a time polishing. (It was matte and I want mirror-bright, but it was the only Old School "tang"-style I'd seen in stainless for many years, so...) Maybe a Briley spherical bushing if they got those debugged.

Seriously, the only things about this project giving me more fight on this project than this one little grip safety are RMR/RCR-vs-Acro optic footprint, the games everybody's playing with prices and availability on a Streamlight 69279 TLR, and figuring out how in the heck I'm going to finance it all when the slide alone costs more than some entire 1911 pistols.
Well that sucks, but can be remedied with just a MSH replacement? Or does it interface with something silly in the slide?