Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Engaving

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by crosseyedshooter View Post
    On this topic, what's the (aesthetically) preferred location for engraving an AR15 lower? I've seen them on the sides, in the flare of the magwell, inside the trigger guard, front of the receiver, etc. I'm leaning towards in the flare of the magwell but worry it might get defaced by mag insertions.
    Mine are in the trigger guard done by Tar Heel. You wouldn’t even know they’re there unless you look, and then they’re clear and obvious.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by crosseyedshooter View Post
    On this topic, what's the (aesthetically) preferred location for engraving an AR15 lower? I've seen them on the sides, in the flare of the magwell, inside the trigger guard, front of the receiver, etc. I'm leaning towards in the flare of the magwell but worry it might get defaced by mag insertions.
    The Tarheel website shows pictures of the options.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    There are at least a half dozen guys within 45 minutes of me, thankfully. I found a guy who runs an FFL out of his house a couple miles away, and he also has a laser engraver and does Cerakote. Took just a few minutes on both of my lowers. Both engraved in the trigger guard.

I found him by doing an FFL search in my area. You might have some luck doing the same thing unless you're completely out in the sticks.
    Damn, that's a good idea. Thanks.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Damn, that's a good idea. Thanks.
    You got it. Let us know if you get lucky.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Tar Heel is GTG. I have a friend that lives near there and he went in person to get his done. He talked to the owner quite a while. He was impressed and little impresses him. I saw the engraving and looks exactly like mine that was done on some expensive system here locally in Richmond, VA.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I heard good things about TarHeel too. Ive bought B&T gear from him.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    That's part of why I haven't done mine yet, I keep debating driving there but its a solid four hours one way. Its long enough that I'm not sure if its worth it.
    Your location says eastern NC. Tar Heel is just outside Charlotte. How can that be 4 hours? If you are in VA by any chance I can get you a name of a place in Henrico. They have been doing it for a long time but are pretty low profile. They mostly do large signs and things.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post
    Your location says eastern NC. Tar Heel is just outside Charlotte. How can that be 4 hours? If you are in VA by any chance I can get you a name of a place in Henrico. They have been doing it for a long time but are pretty low profile. They mostly do large signs and things.
    ENC is basically anything east of Raleigh, there’s still a ways to go before I hit the coast even. Henrico is definitely closer by a good amount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I don't think anyone mentioned yet, Trophy shops can also do the engraving, but call them first as not all do. I used one local to me before the LGS across the street figured out they should start doing it instead of stupidly sending all the business across the street.

Feedback Score
    Just remember that if you have a trophy shop do the engraving, you have to stay there the whole time with the firearm unless they have an FFL.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast