Good Morning Folks, I just happened to see the above Post & figured I would venture brief comment. Now, be advised that this is only 'my personal' opinion, although it is based upon a virtual lifetime of carrying A firearm of one type or another. First, IMHO, the 2" Bbl'd Revolver, especially n the Alloy Framed variants are simply not intended to be used for 'breaking an ambush', & or any similar such engagement. It can of course be extremely useful when used within its overall parameters, that is close range & immediate self defense. I like to think of mine as an 'around town' friend, resting in a coat pocket, or IWB, or on my ankle, depending upon of course what I'm wearing & the current climate. To me, it will only be deployed if both the situation, & its urgency require. It's simply not intended for 21 or 25 yard line shootouts, unless you're rapidly attempting to exfiltrate some scenario to call for assistance. However, up close it can & has proven itself to an extremely great asset, providing enough ballistics to render an assailant incapable of any further mayhem, provided your shots impact relatively well. My little S&W M-642 is loaded dependent upon the season, either 158 LSWCHP+P's, Speer 135 GDHP+P, or perhaps my new 'possible', Federal's new 130 gr. S/D Load that resembles the old 148 FWC Hydra-Shock, which so far appear to be an option. My 642 does though have a little 'enhancer' so to speak. It came Factory Magna-Ported, & I have to admit it does make somewhat of a difference in your perception of recoil. If we remember what these little Revolvers do the best, they can serve us well, provided their properly loaded, you keep the range to short range engagements, & practice, practice, & practice again. And ohh, the Thumb Band Aid can be an excellent 'tool' for any & all shooters. In fact, I prefer to use 2 Band Aids on the same spot.

Best regards, Dom P.