Thread: Beretta 1301T or Benelli M4 LE

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dumb Gun Collector View Post
    I will say this. I don't find the M4 to be particularly low recoiling. Whenever I watch a video of people they talk about how little recoil they have. I haven't noticed that when running full power buckshot. That being said, a lot of my opinion was born from the horrible m4 adjustable stock.
    Yeah, I haven't noticed my M4 being low in recoil either, but I've shot only buck and slugs which aren't particularly light on the shoulder. I have the LE stock on mine, which probably doesn't help. But its also fairly heavy, which should help make it more manageable.

My Beretta A400, even with the KO, is subjectively my heaviest recoiling 12, shooting the regular target stuff, I think primarily due to its lighter weight.

It is hard to compare shotgun recoil if you aren't considering the rounds you're shooting. My Xtrema2 is by far the worst, but its cycling 3 or 3.5" waterfowl shoulder destroyers. I have shot target loads through the Xtrema2 and its a pussy cat.

I just don't have a lot of use for a shorter barreled gun at the target range, so it usually never sees that sort of action.

I don't own the 1301, but imagine, based on the bolt and piston design, its closer to the A400 than anything else I own.

ETA: My M4 was purchased new in 2015.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 10-18-23 at 19:12.