Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Arsenal of a Republic

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

The Arsenal of a Republic

Quote Originally Posted by davidjinks View Post
    Is it, really? Is it any different than the rights’s hate of anything left leaning?

My point being is it’s all about control. The parties are the same, there’s no difference. How many times have the “republicans” had a majority where they could’ve solidified the Second Amendment but didn’t. They just said fancy words to suck more dopes in so they can make more money.

At this point in our country’s history; if you’re not armed to the teeth and ready for whatever may come, that’s your own fault.
    The parties are both trash, but at NOT the same.

Go do a search of the number of sh*tty gun control bills written and sponsored by Dems vs the GOP. They are both guilty of attempting to violate our 2A rights, but the stats are viciously lop-sided towards the D's wanting to scrape our 2A rights from the face of the planet for the last 3 decades. Most, not all, GOP efforts have been capitulations to the Left by RHINOs, attempting to pander to the D's in their bases *or* misguided attempts to reach across the aisle (often in election years or following tragedy).

Don't get me wrong; I would fire every single GOPer except for maybe 5 or 6 people (across BOTH houses) if it were up to me. I'm actually more enraged at the GOP than the Dems at this point, but false dichotomies do not help us triage the issue or move forward as we work to protect the 2A rights that we still have.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BufordTJustice; 08-27-23 at 17:58.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post

Go do a search of the number of sh*tty gun control bills written and sponsored by Dems vs the GOP. They are both guilty of attempting to violate our 2A rights, but the stats are viciously lop-sided towards the D's wanting to scrape our 2A rights from the face of the planet for the last 3 decades. Most, not all, GOP efforts have been capitulations to the Left by RHINOs, attempting to pander to the D's in their bases *or* misguided attempts to reach across the aisle (often in election years or following tragedy).

Don't get me wrong; I would fire every single GOPer except for maybe 5 or 6 people (across BOTH houses) if it were up to me. I'm actually more enraged at the GOP than the Dems at this point, but false dichotomies do not help us triage the issue or move forward as we work to protect the 2A rights that we still have.
    Spot on. When I've mentioned general political graft, corruption, and cheating (as in the 2020 election) to a Democrat or D-leaning individual I hear some version of the same thing: "Well they all do it, why is his any worse?" The urge to bitch-slap them is a primitive one and is certainly not refined or well-thought out. It shows they are a "general information voter", not necessarily a "low information voter". They, like many of us, will vote against the other party until the cows come home but without going beyond "Well they all do it" and looking into the accusations. Our general RKBA, by non-gun people, is seen as a revolver and pump-action shotgun. To their pea brains "That's all you need". OMG! Why would you want an eeevil AR47? The much larger, Constitutionally-based point of the RKBA is lost on them.....in fact, if you mentioned the true intent of the 2nd Amendment you are a friggin' subversive Nazi racist POS.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Spot on. When I've mentioned general political graft, corruption, and cheating (as in the 2020 election) to a Democrat or D-leaning individual I hear some version of the same thing: "Well they all do it, why is his any worse?" The urge to bitch-slap them is a primitive one and is certainly not refined or well-thought out. It shows they are a "general information voter", not necessarily a "low information voter". They, like many of us, will vote against the other party until the cows come home but without going beyond "Well they all do it" and looking into the accusations. Our general RKBA, by non-gun people, is seen as a revolver and pump-action shotgun. To their pea brains "That's all you need". OMG! Why would you want an eeevil AR47? The much larger, Constitutionally-based point of the RKBA is lost on them.....in fact, if you mentioned the true intent of the 2nd Amendment you are a friggin' subversive Nazi racist POS.
    Very well said. Fully agreed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    This.

While Democrats are actively working on abolishing the 2A, Republicans aren’t that much better. Unfortunately, most Republicans are only “pro 2A” simply cause it’s an easy grab for getting voters. Conservatives will vote for them based an 2A rights, but the reality is they don’t really care.

It’s a lot like Democrats and their crusade against racism and giving everyone handouts. They could give two $**** about the lower class and minorities. But it’s an easy sell to get votes.

Yes R’s are definitely the lesser of two evils here, and I do believe there are some that are true believers, but most politicians are just politicians.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    When the topic of “assault rifles” comes up, I tell people this. The government’s attacks on these rifles are not in the interest of protecting lives. If protecting lives is their goal, they should be calling for a ban on handguns.
    Where have you been? They do want to ban handguns as well. And, saving lives is actually not the reason that they want to ban them. There are much better arguments to support civilians having military style rifles that don’t involve throwing other parts of our 2nd Amendment rights under the bus.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Where have you been? They do want to ban handguns as well. And, saving lives is actually not the reason that they want to ban them. There are much better arguments to support civilians having military style rifles that don’t involve throwing other parts of our 2nd Amendment rights under the bus.
    Is it 3 million lawful, defensive gun uses each year? Or has that figure gone up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12