Thread: KAK Industry K-SPEC bottom-vent BCG

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

KAK Industry K-SPEC bottom-vent BCG

Splitting this off from another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch110 View Post
    Yeah I can't imagine redirecting gas and crud into the FCG and mags is a good thing. Especially if you are doing something like shooting 1000 rounds during a class or training day. They are actually arguing over that on the Reddit sub. Kind of defies logic.
    That was my reaction as well. However they seem to be trying hard to address that concern, and are arguing that any additional fouling is marginal compared to what comes from blowback through the chamber.

What isn't marginal is the difference in the gas release next to the shooter's face. While probably not optimal for combat reliability, though it would be interesting if anyone can actually demonstrate a statistically significant difference, it may be worth it for health while training.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/saNB05ySWKA
    "We must all hang together, or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It might be worth pointing out KAK has one version which vents down, and another that side vents like a traditional carrier. If someone is sensitive to suppressor gases and noise, it might be an option for them. Otherwise, I would go with the side venting version.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Guys, I watched that video but don't grasp the gravity of the video. Can you explain what's going here?

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Guys, I watched that video but don't grasp the gravity of the video. Can you explain what's going here?

PB
    I think the top rifle is regular milspec BCG and resultant gas expulsion. The bottom is their K-Spec BCG which directs the gas downwards and into the magazine and lower receiver.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch110 View Post
    I think the top rifle is regular milspec BCG and resultant gas expulsion. The bottom is their K-Spec BCG which directs the gas downwards and into the magazine and lower receiver.
    got it, thanks

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"