Thread: Recommended OC spray?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Fox (my preference) and Saber seem to be the go to brands and used by most PDs and such. I have never used my OC so can't comment on real world personal experience, but the LEOs I know who deployed Fox, said it was usually highly effective.
    I’ve used Saber and it sucks. The best I have ever used is Freeze +P. It takes the fight out of everyone I have ever used it on. The best OC ever made!

Feedback Score
    Also issued Sabre Red Crossfire, works great. I don't care to experiment that again.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    We currently issue Sabre red in gel. It has proven to be very effective. I’m currently an instructor for Sabre red, and have been for pretty much all other OC / less lethal. I was ( and still am somewhat ) a fan of Freeze +P due to the OC / CS mix. The CS really messes with people their lungs burn.

I have used the Sabre red on people and dogs- have been impressed with the results.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by quackhead View Post
    We currently issue Sabre red in gel. It has proven to be very effective. I’m currently an instructor for Sabre red, and have been for pretty much all other OC / less lethal. I was ( and still am somewhat ) a fan of Freeze +P due to the OC / CS mix. The CS really messes with people their lungs burn.

I have used the Sabre red on people and dogs- have been impressed with the results.
    Gel is the absolute WORST to use. You can literally wipe it off....the carrier agent is too thick.....pepper spray only takes full effect when the carrier has evaporated.
    "It is only the warrior who chooses pacifism. All others are condemned to it."

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."
    Dangerous Freedom over Peaceful Slavery.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by quackhead View Post

My current department issue Sabre Red gel. Any recommendations on tactics for its use? We used Sabre Red cone at my previous agency where I ran the OC program. Gel seems a little more challenging to deploy, especially with the limited training given our personnel. Thanks and be safe.