Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
KAC has gone the way of H&K, LMT and Colt. They don’t seem to care about the civilian market at all. I get it, you have to go where the (DOD) money is, but it’s not like they had issues selling RAS and URX handguards. Those were my go to handguards for all my builds, now they’re unobtainium except for the scammers on GunBroker.
I think KAC is making everything they can, and keeping it in house. The increases quality, profit, and sadly it also slows things down. They are releasing things on a regular basis, but to main KAC dealers, and those places sell out super fast. I know I have wanted a KAC 308 lower for a long time. I've also wanted a newer upper or complete carbine. It just hasn't worked out for me yet.

Colt has been crippled by its own Union, combined with ineffective management. They put out a lot of weapons, but have missed the boat on what the market wants. They have got to understand they are no longer the golden boy for the US military. I do think the newer owners understand this, which is why we are seeing Colt pistols coming out. I would expect to see newer items coming out as CZ gets more involved.

No one knows what goes on with LMT. I have never thought they were against civilian sales, but rather, I think that much like KAC they try to keep everything in house. Which makes sense, but IMHO they need to get some people on the forums who they talk to on a regular basis and can speak for them in an unofficial capacity. Get someone who has access to LMT weapons, because if you look at the pic thread, they aren't seen often. LMT is loved by everyone, but no one seems to own them.