Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best firearm for interstate road trips?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    I would like to avoid that in as many jurisdictions as it is legal to do so. I also want to avoid this: "In states with strict gun laws (such as California, Hawaii, Massachusetts, New Jersey and New York), it may be a good idea not to stop at all."

I am wondering what is the most effective item that is acceptable in the most number of places. Pump shotgun? Lever-action .44? Spear gun and a wet suit?
    I cannot think of a state where it's legal to have a loaded long gun in a car.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 06-12-23 at 12:06.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post

Andy
    Tennessee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post

Andy
    Quote Originally Posted by Brasilnuts View Post
    Tennessee
    Kentucky

I had forgot about loaded long guns in a vehicle really being an issue other than open East Germany fan club states till seeing it mentioned along with braces in the last few years.

One I do recall:

https://bayoushooter.com/threads/the...ck-belt.17476/

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I would think a handgun and shotgun would cover you. If you can’t take an AR where you’re going. I’d like an MP5 but these silly laws get in the way of protecting oneself.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    You can carry whatever you want if 1. You dont get pulled over. 2. Have it out of sight

My go-to low-stress option is g19w/rds+silencer. Legal in all the states I currently care to travel to and is good out to 100yds+

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    My personal threat analysis tells me that the greatest risk to personal safety and security I face when traveling comes from an interaction with LE. Given that, guns stay home.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    You can carry whatever you want if 1. You dont get pulled over. 2. Have it out of sight
    I remember watching the Highway Patrol shows where they'd have the chicken shit mother fukking UTAH Highway patrol pulling cars over for dumb shit like something hanging of the rear view mirror. Then ball bust the people until they found something.

I'm generally pro LE, but there are some shitty fukkers out there like that. "you don't have any guns or drugs right?... you don't mind if I take a look?" Fukk off!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Do your homework and comply with the most restrictive state you'll traverse. Some states allow you to pass through with something not kosher there but legal where you live, as long as it's stored legally by that state's (unconstitutional) laws. Laws change often though, and I haven't traveled anywhere my CCW isn't honored in some time. Research is a must. Also, have your attorney on speed dial.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I remember watching the Highway Patrol shows where they'd have the chicken shit mother fukking UTAH Highway patrol pulling cars over for dumb shit like something hanging of the rear view mirror. Then ball bust the people until they found something.

I'm generally pro LE, but there are some shitty fukkers out there like that. "you don't have any guns or drugs right?... you don't mind if I take a look?" Fukk off!
    Markm, I'm with you Bro. Some states just aren't worth traveling thru. My Daughter lived in Portland, OR for several years (god forbid) thankfully she moved to KY !!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast