Thread: Bozeman Montana & Surrounding Area

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I grew up in SE Idaho and also lived in Bozeman for a short time about a decade ago. I'm not familiar with "the pillars" or Devil, MT. Are you talking about Devils Tower in Wyoming?

Yellowstone is cool. Its also an absolute zoo like most national parks. You will have stops.....for every bison, elk, bear or deer that people see along the road. It's also very large. It takes time to drive through and especially if you're stopping to see the sights. Pick a loop (north or south) and take a day for each. How long is this trip?

Bozeman isn't that close to Yellowstone. If you're planning to hit a hotel and bounce back into the park the next day there's better options. Bozeman is an interesting town. I love Montana and I loved Bozeman but its a major clash of out-of-state money and old Montana. I was poor when I lived there so can't give any fine dining options.

Are you a fly fisherman?

Lewis and Clark caverns are kind of fun. I wouldn't say its a must see but its something different and off the beaten path a bit.
    Last edited by dmd08; 06-09-23 at 14:12.