Thread: Barnes VOR-TX 70 grain TSX

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    While we wait on the SME, my two cents, with zero street cred, is that whatever “brown tip” clone that you are the most accurate with would be a dynamite choice. The 70 grain TSX seems to be one of the best all around performers you could get in 5.56. It’s been proven to be effective on critters two-legged and four, up close and at some considerable distance, from various length barrels, and doesn’t embarrass itself in LE/SHTf/HD instances either. Were I to be so fortunate to live in a non-urban area some day, I would be switching my “mags at the ready” from the current BH 50 grain setup to something with the 70g TSX for sure.

My brother recalls seeing someone with much more experience than I have, stating the opinion that he wouldn't buy Barnes loaded ammo anymore bc after Remington bought them they eventually shifted production to Remington facilities which weren't nearly as good. Said he would get a single box of ammo with multiple different primers and higher SDs which showed a lack of attention to detail.

Looking at the box of them (the VOR-TX) I bought, and another is on the way, they are some of the prettiest rounds I’ve seen. I’m thinking I’ll take another day and see how I shoot them beyond 50 yards. The longest range I have access to is only 200 though.
    Last edited by rocsteady; 04-22-23 at 08:07.
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name