Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
I don't know for sure, but I think he was impressed with the hunting rounds by Leighi and that sparked his interest. The pistol rounds just came with the company. Leighi make multiple styles of handgun ammo and he carried the fluted rounds, because they work.

I think the fluted rounds are better than traditional ammo for the following reasons. First they are barrier blind, second they have no cavity to kill up with material so the round becomes like a ball round. I then think in the 357sig round with the over 2000fps speed they will do rifle like damage.

I don't see where they've been tested at those speeds, and Lehigh doesn't list them as a rifle/carbine bullet. The do have an extensive line of rifle bullets too of course. The 357 Legend has its own design, so no overlap there. Has this design been tested within FBI protocols at the velocities you're anticipating? I didn't see anything on YouTube either. I'm not bashing, just asking. It seems to be an omission on their part, or maybe I just didn't find what I was looking for.