Quote Originally Posted by TexasAggie2005 View Post
Born and raised in SE Texas, so I've have a few hurricane evacuations under my belt. Emergency food is about #20 on my list of what's needed in a hurricane bugout situation.

Having important documents handy and readily accessible, computers, irreplaceable pictures, external hard drives with scanned backups of EVERYTHING, photos of house/vehicles/possessions left behind, medications, minimum 1 truck tank worth of gas, lots of CASH, water & road trip snacks, spare clothes, wife/kid/pet's shit, chainsaw (with gas/oil) & misc tools to get back onto property and into potentially damaged house, travel guns & ammo (duh), and probably some more I'm forgetting.

Save your freeze dried stuff for when you get back to your house after bugging out and don't have power for two weeks.

And I like most all of their items, FYI.
Im working on an older diesel truck with an inbox spare tank and ways to turn the truck into a generator, 7.3 IDI can run on old motor oil and fryer oils, keep a few filters on hand because they can get filled up. I just build normal shelter type stuff if im trapped in the woods(thanks boy scouts!), otherwise yes cash and coins for hotels or something.

I like to have a lot of quarters because vending machines or airpumps and the sort, and dont forget the cosby sauce to remount a wheel if needed in a pinch.