Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Carry Triggers

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Detmongo View Post
    The best trigger job I ever did on a Glock was put 100,000 rounds through it.
    Oh, yea, I've done that with about a dozen Glocks.

J/K of course! The most I have through one is about 14k. Don't shoot it much anymore. I don't think the trigger pull changed much at all. (Gen 3)

Feedback Score
    I bought a 3 pound Black Yikes connector from Glock Store, just to try it.

First it is perfectly fine on a carry gun. It is interesting because unlike what they say about it the wall is still there. However it is not as steep as on other connectors.

I have in a G34 an Over Watch minus connect with their poly DAT flat face trigger and to be honest it is about the same as the Black Yikes but the wall is that little bit steeper.

I am going to put 500 9mm rounds through the pistol with a 9mm barrel and then put the 357 sig barrel back in and run 100 rounds through it and then will reports back.

Feedback Score
    Has anyone looked into the new OEM Glock Performance Trigger for Gen 5's ?
    Last edited by sierra 223; 01-14-23 at 10:26.

Louisiana, On I-10 west of NOLA, east of BR
    Feedback Score
    From what I have read the performance trigger keeps the striker at full cock unlike production triggers.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    IMHO, this new Glock OEM Performance trigger should make it easier to get just the type of trigger characteristics that you prefer in terms of the type of break and break weight by your connector choice.
    Also, if it is compatable with the standard Glock OEM trigger shoe, then one should be able to use aftermarket shoes like the Timney shoe where you can take *some* of the take up or pre travel out if you choose to.
    So you now have the perfect Glock OEM trigger with your preferred type of break and break weight, etc. But will all this translate into any better practical ( hand held) on target accuracy or split times on the clock vs a *real good* worked on conventional stock trigger using OEM parts ?
    IMHO, in my past experience using the Timney Johnny Glock carry trigger for reference, the difference *for me* was very little to no improvement. I also prefer to carry my Glocks AIWB, so I like to have SCD compatibility.
    Last edited by Biggy; 01-14-23 at 15:24.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345