Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    This is far from comprehensive, but off of the top of my head:

BAG:
    Tactical Tailor First Responder Bag

HEMCON:
    CAT TQs (4)
    ACE wraps (2 x 2", 3 x 3")

Combat Gauze (4) *if someone is on a prescribed blood thinner or has a clotting disorder, Chito Gauze should be considered
    4"x4" Gauze (sold as loose pack; you want enough to keep around for minor wound dressing)
    Rolled gauze ("kerlex" or "kling"; 4 rolls)

MISC. TRAUMA
    SAM splints (2 x 36", rolled)
    Triangle bandages (2)
    Rigid eye shield (2)
    Assorted Band Aids

MISC. MEDICAL
    OTC meds (Tylenol, Ibuprofen, Aspirin, Benadryl, Claritin, Imodium, Pepto)
    LiquidIV (or similar electrolyte powder)
    30-day supply of any necessary Rx'd meds

SUPPLIES
    Headlamp with spare batteries
    Emergency blankets (2)

Shears (no need to go crazy...they all work fine)
    Grease pen (never dry out, write on anything...including bloody dressings and skin)
    Cloth tape (2" 3M Durapore is the best)
    Alcohol prep wipes
    Tweezers
    Moleskin
    Sunscreen
    Bug spray
    Petroleum-soaked cotton balls
    Bic lighter
    Nitrile gloves (add in a couple of pairs that are one size larger than normal)

Chest seals can be easily improvised. No need for exotic stuff like NPAs, decompression needles, pocket BVMs, etc. If you have the training to know how to use them, throw them in if you feel the need.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some important basic stuff, but that's a solid "do it all" type of bag you could slap together and store easily enough. You can make some waterproof/tearproof bags to store stuff in by wrapping gallon ziploc bags with duct tape (Ranger purse).

I'm a really big fan of the CAT and SOFT-TW tourniquets. I've used them quite a lot and have used a CAT on a kindergarten age child (boating accident), so anecdotally, the concerns regarding TQ application on children and not fitting kind of goes out the window by grade school. A SOFT-TW will work if you're planning for the wee one.

*EDIT: The stuff in bold above is to highlight what I feel you should get first if you're putting a kit together around a budget.
    Last edited by GTF425; 11-21-22 at 13:44.