Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
Is that what the lower rail section you added is for?
Plan is to use the rear top-rail stub for "stowed" connection. The lower rail is in case either the connector blocks the sights and I need to make it fully removable, or the Cry Havoc crud-cover blocks the stub and I need a different mount point. As of about five minutes ago, I'm now thinking move the connector-stowage up front so it can pull double duty as a handstop... maybe depending on space and clearances rack in a mag-carrier along the top or bottom.

Side not here, a lot of this depends on the height of the folded MBUS 3's--if they're low enough to "close couple" and the riser-coupler combo low enough to not block sight picture, the coupler just stays mounted on the upper receiver. If it needs enough extra clearance that I need to add a second riser, then the "remove and remount" scenario comes into play. Funny: I never thought I'd have anything good to say about Leapers UTG, but I think between this and the modular backends on my "Quick-Change Charger" I may have found a niche where they actually ARE good for something!

Another note: The concept on ASDW-PIP calls for a ten-round flush-fit mag (eg, 10-rd PMAG) in the well and ready to go at all times except when legally prohibited, in addition to the USAF standard 4x30 in two (not USAF spec) double-mag pouches. Yes, this makes PIP a bit heavier than its root design, but I'm still trying to keep it lean, clean and agile rather than "Gearqueer Visit from the Gadgets Fairy."