Thread: Change due to equipment or I need to carry a 6" pistol

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well, we know crossdraw isn't very common among supposedly "switched-on" folks, and I'm sure there are reasons for that. However, Yoni I know you ARE switched-on, and wouldn't make the decision lightly.

Me, there's no way that would be concealable enough for me, and there's no way I could be as fast from that position as I'd want to be. I also have concerns about a gun grab in a hands-on fight using crossdraw, for those reasons I'd not use it.

Closest thing to cross-draw I ever use is a shoulder holster (horizontally oriented), for a second gun, and/or when seated for long periods or out of a heavy winter coat, but the situations where I use that are VERY rare.

Me, I am fastest with AIWB, (how I carry most of the time, "out and about") and it and IWB strong side are most concealable. Strong side OWB is also concealable, and fast enough, with the right holster, for me.

This is primarily with G19/G17, with and without optics.

So for me, crossdraw would never be used, but obviously we each make our own decisions for the gear train, based on mission, and personal experience.
    Last edited by ViniVidivici; 10-20-22 at 15:36.