Quote Originally Posted by mildot View Post
That's a "short' action, I was under the impression that 6.5PRC was designed around a short action? my groups so far have been excellent. So this was my final group, after setting the zero stop on the NF which is my least favorite feature, LOL. Cheers

Yes it was designed to fit in a short action. Cartridge length is 2.95" and will run in a short action. However, you are constrained to running factory ammo or ammo less than 2.95" by running a short action. If you handload you are also restricted to a max Cartridge length of 2.95" A great overall bullet in 6.5mm is the Berger 156EOL. This is my all around hunting bullet. When loading it case length can easily exceed 2.95" if you take advantage of the case capacity. 3" isn't uncommon at all from what I'm seeing. My first rifle was built with a long action, Defiance Tenacity. My 2nd one I used a Ruckus XM action. I'm just getting into reloading so I plan on taking advantage of the case capacity and being able to load ammo longer than the 2.95" standard. Midsouth has ELDM in stock if you are looking for ammo. Unknown Munitions and Copper Creek Cartridge also have ammo off an on.