Thread: CMMG Pattern Dedicated 22 LR Reliability

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post

I use the Hiperfire competition trigger. It hits very hard which minimizes light primer strikes with 22lr, which I found is most of your problem. Not to mention the trigger is very nice. No take-up. Small and positive reset.
    https://www.hiperfire.com/product/hi...h-competition/
    Its interesting that some folks have an issue with light strikes/misfires and some with a too-stout hammer drop. You and I are a good example but the web shows neither of our guns is an outlier.

My gun was destroying FP springs, basically on every outing. It was also doubling on a full 25 round mag, and this was repeatable under specific conditions. I installed a semi-generic polished/plated GI trigger set (Brownells ?) with reduced power hammer and trigger springs and both issues were solved. It has an ok trigger for a plinker.

I run the standard/solid BB weight with SV and HV rounds. I don't remember having light strike/failure to fire issues at any point - it is notably more reliable than any other (edit - rimfire) semi-auto I own.

The only issue mine has is extracting unfired cases - IMHO the CMMG pattern extractor is sub-optimal, even with the strongest BB spring. The easy fix is to just pull the trigger and the case comes right out

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 10-26-22 at 22:22.