Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You WILL eat the bugs... starting with the Navy

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    It is my understanding submariners get some of the best chow in the military, though it is nothing compared to the top brass at their social galas, but that is a different deal. They'll still be eating filet mignon while the peons are being served up bugs.
    Even among dudes with stars, chow can be variable. Many just eat whatever their Aide-de-Camp grabs from the chow hall or their wife cooks from the commissary, or whatever their large paychecks can handle on TDY. There may be a slight bit less decadence than you think.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Navy chow is not bad at all, Air Force chow is the best.
    USAF is the best in a lot of quality of life aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Even among dudes with stars, chow can be variable. Many just eat whatever their Aide-de-Camp grabs from the chow hall or their wife cooks from the commissary, or whatever their large paychecks can handle on TDY. There may be a slight bit less decadence than you think.
    Someone gave my mom coupons one time while she was digging through the clearance meat section at the commissary. She’s a very good cook and my dad was the highest ranking on that base but the person said something along the lines of her probably needing it more than them haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Perhaps my reading comprehension is slacking, but I’m unable to find the line in the NDAA that says “bugs for Sea-People chow”. Can someone point it out for me?

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)

Feedback Score
    https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/05...g?v=1638557489

Cricket chips... be sure to start reading Your ingredients

Feedback Score
    Ah, thanks for that!
    At least it's not people.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    Soylent green is next, & the military will undoubtedly be experimented upon with that first by a libtard administration!

There is really a Soylent food company. I saw their green protein drink in the local stop-n-rob a few years ago and kinda went WTF?

They apparently get the joke.
    https://soylent.com/products/soylent...gaAp7aEALw_wcB

Gotta wonder how much in the way of fancy chemicals are in these imitation meat products? What kind of processing do they need. Bet that's REAL good for ya.

I mean the cows in my meadow, you gotta cut em, then they are meat. They taste like meat, texture is like meat. I'm guessing this other stuff is a little more complicated.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    There is really a Soylent food company. I saw their green protein drink in the local stop-n-rob a few years ago and kinda went WTF?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Naaah I can deal with a lot of unpleasantness but bugs on any level are a big NO for me.
    We ended Desert Storm parked on The Highway of Death. You could walk a good 400 meters or more in any direction just stepping from body to body.
    About 72 hours later they brought Chow up. All I needed to see was one fly land on my food and I couldn't eat it.
    Not bad USMC Chow it's just the idea that the fly who was on a dead Iraqis butt a minute ago was now dancing on my chili Mac was too much

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacific5th View Post
    It was all about what Chow hall you went to when I was in. Example in Pendleton Las Pulgas sucked but it was 4 minutes from the barracks. If we were heading out in town Del Mar had a great chow hall. I was on LHD-6 twice and the food sucked. But there were close to 3000 sailors and Marines on board and 2/3 of the mess beck were “conscripted” Marines and trust me none of us wanted to be there and our performance showed it. I was in the scullery for a month and no matter what the tray or plate looked like we considered it clean and sent it out. Moran (?) AFB in Spain where the C5 we were on stopped had the best chow I ever had besides the SGT running the check in who wanted to be a dick tell our Gunny told him where to stick it. Even the box lunch’s we bought for something like 5$ were excellent. FOB Falcon in Iraq had good food for a FOB.
    I’ve had a few meals at Las Pulgas and I don’t remember it being particularly bad, that was back in 2014 and 2016 for about a week each time if I remember correctly. Now the transient housing there by the gas station was absolutely horrible, water coming out of the wall and floor instead of the shower head. Thought for sure I was going to find a dead hooker or animal in the wall locker. Thank god we were able to stay in real barracks after that first night.

Some of the best chow I’ve had was at the various Air Force bases in Kuwait and Qatar, the SEAL chow hall in Tarin Qot was pretty darn good too, didn’t go over there often though as our chow hall was run by the Aussies and they had good chow minus that canned haggis they served once.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12