You know what's crazy? We have SEVENTY FIVE volunteers spending their own money, time off work, and a significant amount of sweat, tears, and likely a little blood to help put this on this year. Coming from SIXTEEN different states all across this great country (as far as Oregon and Utah!). That's more than some matches all together - in staff only.

All in exchange for a t-shirt, lunch, and a bunk in a bunkhouse.

But of course that's not why they're doing it. They're doing it to be a part of something bigger than themselves. To honor the men we've lost. To cry with the Gold Star Families when they tell stories of their loved ones. To thank the men still serving. To help fund those who take care of these families.

I am humbled and overwhelmed by their commitment, but NOT SURPRISED. We have the best people on the planet. THANK YOU for being you, and for all you will do to help. Be sure to thank them when you see them, as this quite literally wouldn't be possible without them.

Now I just have to figure out how to manage 75 crazy monkeys all weekend long and keep them all in the right place, at the right time, and pointed in the same direction. God help me.