Thread: 2011s in LE Use

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Are they not hand built? I guess there are levels of what "hand built" means I suppose.

It is also somewhat puzzling that, aside from Staccato, nobody else is trying to compete in this market. Para went under with Remington but I assume someone else bought the name. Is there no change for the P14, 16, etc? Also pretty surprised that Ruger isn't making a hicap based off the Caspian frame. Maybe not something anyone would want in the LE world but it might be a good option for other markets.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Staccato are not gunsmith fit hand built like a Wilson is. A Wilson takes about 40 hours for one smith to build last I heard. Staccatos lower half is polymer now. They’re built, not crafted.

The mega company’s like Remington and Ruger aren’t advancing the market. They focus on volume, not product development. They need to have broad appeal and 2011s aren’t there yet. Competition shooters are a pretty small market. LE is bigger but government funded and major quantity purchases of $1800-2400 guns aren’t happening.
    Last edited by ggammell; 05-01-22 at 10:41.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand